R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - what is the best car
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Sleighty
Tech Addict

Josh, i can rememeber being your age and trying to get a sponsor. Its hard, i wouldnt look to change your car for a sponsor. I drove for Schumacher initially and quit the team after about 3 months as the car was pathetic IMO and i didnt get much help from other team members (im not bashing schumacher but this is how i felt) So i went back to my Xray and instead concentrated on building friends in the industry either through helping my local hobby shops or through racing at the local clubs and at big events. In no time my results and reputation locally spoke for itself and I easily got a battery and motor sponsor. Now im also sponsored with a good deal through the local model shop, basically meaning i can run whatever car i like.

So my advice is, dont get a car sponsor...aim for smaller companies e.g motor and battery sponsors who need exposure around your local area. If you win with their products then other drivers in your area will want to buy them. You are then clearly helping the company.

Once you have done this then approach the distributor of the car you run and see if you can get a deal with them. Start small and build yourself up. If you remain loyal you will go a long way. Dont change your car as you always regret it.

Thats from my experience anyway! hope it helps