R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Stock TC Guideline Suggestion
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 08:33 AM
robk
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scrubb
Why am I blind? Because your local track dosen't seperate novice guys from stock guys? Because your local track dosen't dosen't require slower drivers to run motors with less power (yeah those silver can motors have been available for decades). Am I blind because your local track is not capable enough to draw in enough customers to seperate the faster guys from the slower guys?

I can tell you right now, ROAR rules mean nothing to a track owner that dosen't get many racers for weekly racing. The track owners are going to let anybody race whatever they want as long as they pay.

How on earth are the cars too fast with the slowest motor? What is your opinion as to what the slowest motor is? Tamiya sealed endbell motors on 4 cells are pretty damn slow in a touring car, so I don't think you've checked out all the options.

Trinity has plenty of options for spec classes including chassis', motors, and batteries. But the "racers" refuse to run that stuff for any length of time. The racers want that ability to try and find that extra advantage.

The options have always been there, you guys just refuse to use them. Blame yourselves for that. ROAR rules can't fix things like that. Its a local track problem.
The slowest ROAR class is stock. Most tracks race this class. Any track can race anything they want, but guess what my friend, the average new guy will show up to the track with a 6 cell pack. And, most likely they will be sold a stock motor. Telling me to fix it locally does nothing because so many tracks use ROAR rules. We can do anything we want, but racing is down across the board.

The funny part is guys around here have been trying 5 cell, and the local multi track series has sportsman, stock and 13.5 classes-with rules for weight breaks for 4 and 5 cell, if you want to run it. Hell, they run Tamiya minis. But I'm sure that the 4 cell Mabuchi class is huge at your track right? Do you have a sportsman class?

I'm trying to point out that nationally, we need to make a change to support the guys who are not at the top. Because it's not just my track, it is tracks in many places who are having troubles. I am so tired of guys like you. You cannot see the trees for the forest.

Yes drivers should be forced to leave stock. In fact I shouldn't be running stock, and I can barely crack a d main at a national event.