R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 12:01 AM
johnbull
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

I'm surprised to hear of all the breakages. I have now run almost 30 packs - that's two and a half hours running, and more, including a race meeting.

I did crash very heavily, so heavily I broke the club transponder, yet the only breakage on the car was a front shock tower. I must say I was pleasantly surprised for it was one hell of an impact.

I fitted alloy drive shafts on the car when first building it and have had no problems with drive shafts snapping or anything like that. in fact I feel the car is getting better, quicker and freer with every run, and i'm certainly looking forward to our next race meeting on Sunday, when i hope to clinch the championship.

My only complaint with the SD is it's weight. I would have liked it to be well underweight so that I can move the weight around, like I have done with old faithful (BD car).

With the servo turned through 90 degrees I have managed to fit all the electrics neatly, as well as a fan - necessary in our hot temperatures, and everything is mounted on the deck.

Anyone know of any asphalt set ups?

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.