R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 4PK
Thread: Futaba 4PK
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 01:48 AM
Serpentd
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Does it need to be aerodynamic? I don't have to push my car around the track like some others.... I generally don't like "smoother" styled radios as then to me it looks more like a toy, instead an instrument of precision From the looks of it, the buttons would be a pain to use while holding. Currently I love my 3pks, and I loved my M11 when I had it. Either way, I do not use anymore functions that EPA, dualrate, and trims... I just like to be a poser
Yeah dude, I agree with you that the buttons would be a bitch to mess with if you were out on the track. I usually need to pull up the menu on my M11 every now and then for my brake EPA. This looks like it could be a small challange when your in a hurry. I know you can program a button around the steering wheel I'm sure, but I like to look at the numbers for a reference, at least during practice. Not in a race. But I am quite happy with my M11 for awhile anyway. I know the Futaba 3PK Fasst system is suppose to be pretty sweet. But I use to own a 3PJ way back when, and I still have night terrors about accessing that menu. I should have checked out the 3PK. I can say it looks much better then this thing does. But it might grow on me after time. I just hope that htis "style" doesn't become a trend and all the radio's end up with this look in the next few years. That would suck and I would probably be forced to learn a "Stick" radio.