R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T2 '007 setup question(s)
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 08:16 PM
ldp787
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sgrios
I just built my Xray T2 '007 (US FOAM) a few days. Today I finally got to the track. I have a few questions about setups if someone could help me address.

Current setup information:
The car as it sits right now is setup to the manual for the US Foam edition.
The rears are fully coated in traction compound. The fronts are coated with traction compound with only the outside quarter of the front tire(s) exposed to no traction compound.

The track in nature is of high grip.
What I noticed when I was driving the car today, it was pushing through the corners.

Questions:
To correct the pushing through the corners what should I adjust first?

Little off topic question.
When I rebuild/clean a electric motor, what cleaning solution should I use? Electric motor cleaner is what I've been using, but is there a more cost effective method? What Bearing drops do you recommend for after cleaning the motor?
The stock setup is what I just went back to and it's good in any condition, high bite at IIC to our new carpet at home med. bite. The biggest difference you will notice is how much you dope the tires and what tires you run.

Running pinks or magentas all the way around makes the car very nervous on high bite and is hard to drive for a new driver. A car that pushes is easier to drive than one that turns right into the corner. A few guys at our club have been running purple fronts and dbl pink rears. Not quite as twitchy but more responsive than dpo's.