R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I saw a kid on a unicycle today...
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 09:31 PM
rmdhawaii
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default I saw a kid on a unicycle today...

I saw a kid on a unicycle today. First time I've seen a unicycle in years - and it got me thinking…

I wonder if more people own unicycles than on-road R/C cars? Do people race unicycles? Do they have clubs? Are there Pro unicycle racers? Can racers get sponsored? Do they give up their Sundays or weekends to race? Do they have clicks or bullies or people that won’t help new racers learn how to ride? Do they have classes for beginners to encourage people to start racing? Do they want unicycle racing to go “mainstream” and have more people race unicycles? Do they give out prize money to attract more people to the “sport.” Do people contemplate building beautiful unicycle racing facilities, so people have a place to race? Do they try to get press coverage of their events? Do they advertise? Are they concerned about getting ESPN or Fox Sports to cover their events? Are they jealous when other “sports” get covered on TV and unicycle racing doesn’t? Do they have live coverage and results online? Do they try to get corporate sponsors? Do they complain about their officers not doing enough to promote unicycle racing? Do they complain about the cost of the unicycles and other gear? Do bicycle shops close because people have lost interest in unicycles? Do people think that older unicycle racers are just a bunch of kids that haven’t grown up? Do they have infighting among other unicycle enthusiasts about the future of unicycle racing? I wonder if unicycle racers think that other people are missing out on life because they don’t race unicycles?

But then I thought, “Nah! Who would want to race a unicycle anyway? Certainly nobody at RCTech!”

http://www.unicycling.org/

http://www.unicycling.org/usa/

There is a point to this post. It's in between the lines, but it's there.

Cheers