R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - battery performance - voltage vs amps
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 01:04 PM
TechWun
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenlife
yes i understand but like you just stated going into capacity like you just did and already knowing that there are many variables as to being exact i didnt find the need to explain any farther. do 3800's have a longer runtime than 3300 on the same load (car/motor/esc/gearing/track)? do 4200's have a longer runtime than 3800 (again same car, motor, esc, gearing, track, track conditions)? on a stock motor my t4 can run for ~9 minutes on 3300's ~10 minutes on 3800 and ~11 on 4200 running pretty identical lap times until the pack fades and the larger capacity packs also fade later into the run....
If English is your second language you are excused from what I just tried like hell to read. Else if you plan to carry on a discussion with me, I have to ask you put more of an effort into conveying your thoughts because I truely had to read that several times to get the jist of what your trying to say. I am no grammar Nazi by any means, but what was written above is a literal disaster and I'm trying to carry on a conversation with you. Please for me?

What you state above has no relevance as a rebuttle to my statement. You made a brief statement first claiming 'capacity = runtime' and simply put that statement is untrue and misleading. Thats why I gave a rebuttle and went into explanation for everyones benifit, not just for arguments sake.

You further go on to make more misleading statements such as 'my t4 can run for ~9 minutes on 3300's' - and I will rebuttle that is also misleading because you make a blanket statement without regards to specs or test conditions. If I take a generic 3300 and apply it to your setup and go full throttle up a 60 degree grade until the batteries deplete will I get 9 minutes? I doubt it.

The sole purpose of my rebuttle was to bring more fact into a blanket statement before it became the next 'common knowledge' among a group of people regardless of how inaccurate it may be. When you present a statement at risk of being spread among a community you owe it to them to be detailed, thorough, and correct to the best of your belief.

Some may think this is out of line and I need to lighten up. But I have to deal with misinformation and misinterpretation on a daily basis. What I have come to learn is that when someone asks for your help they are looking to you as an authority on the matter. And dare you chime in with an answer you should BE an authority, ACT like an authority, and PRESENT your information as such.

- Matt