View Single Post
Old 05-18-2003, 09:28 AM
itchynads
Tech Regular

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Hey Hermi`
So has the drive train become a little more quiet...too in the process

-Dave
The PAL Drive system has pretty much reduced my drive train grinding to a very nice and quiet "whirrrrring" sound.

I'm pretty sure that this is because the PAL drive system does not push the shaft hard into the diffs but loosens them slightly.

If anyone still needs to silence their 'cudas you may want to try shimming. I found that if the diffs were loose in the hubs they would make alot of noise. I have about a single 0.2mm shim on each side of the one way and one 0.2mm shim of the right of the rear diff. Individual results may vary as not all 'cudas will shim the same way. This really is a trial and error process which requires patience but worth it to have a sweet sounding ride.

My FT TC3 on the other hand sounds like a blender with rocks in it The drive train prep techniques I've learnt with the 'cuda may help me silence it a little more, although from what I heard they will still be relatively noisy

On other news me and JohnA will be attending the state titles this weekend with our 'cudas so wish us luck. We will be running in the stock class (27T).

All the best drivers in the state will be there so we will have our work cut out for us. Will be lucky to make the B main considering that I haven't practiced much All I know is that my 'cuda is fast and ready to go just not the driver

Last edited by itchynads; 05-18-2003 at 09:36 AM.