R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2003, 08:21 AM
Stevie
Tech Apprentice

My TC3-as only been used at 3 meetings so far,
but at the last meeting on friday-half way through my 1st round the car started pulling to the left-so to finish the race i altered the trims etc.
But when i looked to see what was wrong-the steering rack had lots of play.e.g when i wiggle the wheels left to right the steering rack wiggles/rocks as well,but im sure it wasn't like this before i started.I also had i few crashes-
also a mate alter'd my servo end points so to try to stop any stress on the servo-but he did this at the end of the last meeting before this one & with it happening i my first round i feel it could be connected??
Ive tried tightening the screw that has a spring on it,to tighten the servo saver-but i thought it didn't make any diffrence until the end of the screw was touching the main shaft-so i tried putting a thicker washer in place where the thin shim that is between the spring and the rack-so the servo saver is tighter,but when i used a little force to wiggle/rock the wheels the steering rack still wiggles/rocks.Where has a mates s/rack is solid any has no slop what so ever..

This problem is really getting to me because i cain't find what is causing it,if i know what is the cause it would'nt be as bad..

Has any one else ever had/seen this problem or as an idea what to check to sort it???
Help

stevie