R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The One True 13.5 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Unregistered
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jake S
Well I know not alot of people are going to agree with me, but I feel the 13.5 class should replace the stock class, this is why. To me the "stock truck" class isn't called "slow truck" its called stock so that everyone is required to run very similar motors, not run all kinds of different winds, with a "13.5" class it appeals to the real reason for the "stock" class, to help newer people get into racing (being slower then mod classes) and with brushless these newer racers don't need to undergo as much motor maintenance to have a "fast" motor. this is why there are "spec" classes.
The problem is that we all tend to think about these motors based on the class that we run. With that being said, I can't emagine a new racer trying to run a 13.5 in sedan or 12th scale onroad. For the stock class, run a motor that's slow enough for new racers in every class.

Just as an example, a brushed 19 turn was about 3 tenths a lap off the pace compared to a 13.5 sintered in 12th. That's hardly a "beginner" speed.

The 13.5 is perfect for experienced racers in most if not all classes.