View Single Post
Old 05-18-2003, 05:22 AM
fastharry™
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Okay, so I'm a sellout!

Originally posted by Old Skool
I've been eyeing the new MTX-3 lately, even more so after practice. The track boards were hungry today, and the entire front right side of the NTC3 is...gone. I clipped the end of a board and it ripped the upper and lower arm completely off the chassis, bending a ti hinge pin into a pretty little "L" shape in the process and blowing out both bearings in the upright. Don't get me wrong, I love the car, and when it's together it's nigh-on untouchable in the handling department. It's just that the down time for repairs in adding up (and yes, I know about "The Fix", as a mtter of fact am bidding on Ebay now). Some of my racing buddies swear that even when they look at their NTC3's the wrong way the car breaks, lol.

i think you should give the fix a chance..but you also have to ask"what would have stood up to that assault" on the boards..

teh new imuplse 705,in the mag test at revelation,just touched the wall lightly,and broke the upright..and thats a real 1/10 scale onroad up right..

the guys at the snowbirds were clipping the x ray front ends left and right..

i was racing at a board track in edison nj..a 1/8th scale track with a 200 ft straight..Serpent and Mugen 1/8th scales were being pushed into the boards and arms were flying off...

by the way,there was enough yellow paint on my wheel nuts at the end of a 30 minute main to cover them.....the side of my body had the "DARLINGTON" stripe...the car finished 4th in the a main..unbroken...and with the fix still in it..

BTW,did you break the gearboxes too..and how fast were yoiu going?...........

Last edited by fastharry™; 05-18-2003 at 08:21 AM.