R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - R/C Pro Series Dallas Video
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 05:42 PM
griz11
Tech Addict

Default Yea you gotta watch em

I thought I was a pretty good 1/8 scale driver until I moved here. These guys get to race almost every weekend in the year and it shows. Lots of tracks to run on so they get used to different track conditions and layouts. In the summer you could probably run some kind of R/C every day of the week if you wanted to do a little driving. Plenty of things R/C to engage in. Its coming into the prime time right now as well. I was hoping that cold front would make it here for the weekend to drop the temps a bit but looks like its going to wimp out. Nitro Invite in Austin this weekend for the off-roaders, World Finals in San Antonio for the straightliners and a trip up to Cowtown Speedway in Ft Worth to watch my buddy try and get his 3rd win of the season in sprint cars. He has a nice R/C sprinter too but this is a 1:1 car.

We were at Texas Motor Speedway Oval last weekend for the Lone Star Nationals. Huge dirt oval track and there were cars packed in everywhere. 2 additional pits were opened up for the overflow. It was a gas for sure. I shot some video of Chad in action. One of my drivers shot from the grandstands. His first time to shoot a race and he did pretty good. A few jiggles but after a few heats he settled down and did really well. He liked the video so well he's putting some of my logo stickers on that sweet ride.

That was pretty unreal freaking news to me So I'm going to have to go video him putting those stickers on. Here is the video. No its not R/C but there is a R/C driver in that #20 car. And he ended up winning the A-Feature !! Who says they are toy cars. By the way he's killer with the R/C as well. Usually laps the field or gets very close.

Embedded
www.promofo-racing.org/Chads-Bad.html

Download
www.promofo-racing.org/video/TMS/Chads-Bad.wmv

Going for maximum footage this weekend. 3 events. Hopefully I can come up with something to top those last two vids. I must admit when I watched the buggy A main video the first time I said to myself man thats off the hook. Some days they just go together so smoothly its like someone else is doing it for me.

Griz