R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Hellfire SS Kit Build & Long Term Review
Old 10-01-2007, 11:14 PM
MadHacker
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So, there's my summer adventure with the Hellfire SS kit... overall, the truck really isn't that bad. Actually, it's pretty darn good! I had some good races, I had some bad races, I crashed, I bashed, I drove hard, I drove soft, I did a lot of learning about chassis tuning, and... in the end the truck gets a high rating from me In summary, if you're a beginner truggy racer, like I was this summer, I feel that this truck is capable of taking you to the A Main. I finished in the top three at our local club races a number of times this summer, and I think that anyone else could do the same with this truck!

Some driver's don't like an ultra stiff chassis, which the Hellfire definitely has. After seeing other trucks with more flexible chassis' break things like gas tanks and such, I am happy with the hellfire's ridgidity. Granted, a softer chassis might help in the traction department, but if you are a beginner racer and crash quite frequently, the soft chassis will most likely hinder you rather than help due to flex and resulting breakage.

So, to all you Hellfire haters out there, go suck on a lemon!

Last edited by MadHacker; 10-05-2007 at 10:02 AM.