R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 5 port 7 port what are they??
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 06:33 PM
rltanner
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mremtr
Well back in the day , more ports ment a leaner mix,thus better fuel economy . BUT this also lead to more rpm and this messed up the tuned pipes magic and you got worse economy ,then better pipe and the economy went up and so on and so forth , now we have this OS 3 port VSPEC that gets retarded economy tuned correctly and the 367 Nova that has like 11 ports also getting good economy ?
So it is really tough to answer that question . There is more magic to the ports than most realize! They control engine temp,timing,rpm, power and the list goes on . Then you have the tuned pipe ! This is an integral part as well !
It is basically the supercharger for a 2 stroke engine . The correct pipe will yield incredible results . The wrong choice ..... total pig !!
And then there is personal preference .....
You will just need to experiment and come to your own conclusions ,and remember to keep notes for your self .
well those were pretty helpful answers to my question and I guess i'll just have to play i've got a JP-2 pipe im going to put on that i used on my rossi motor so i'll try it on the Losi and see what happens once again thanx