R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - My track in France
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Jspeed
Tech Elite

Default James, This should help you.

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
THIS IS PAINFUL TO READ

As I hate to say this...If you get all this corporate sponsorship going, where is all the money going? If local clubs can do what a "PRO" organization does for thousands of dollars, I don't get it. It will only raise the cost of racing more. What is the total objective? Who is putting money in who's pockets. Its the racers puting money in pockets. If you have it your way, it seems to me and a lot of others that thier would be NO MORE club racing.

What are you getting out of it?
James,

Good questions.

At RC Pro events, the Racers Win Trophies, Plaques and CASH Money.

RC Pro is helping to build 2 new tracks right now; I personally got the 5 acres for Nitro Beach.

The plan is to reduce the cost of RC racing by introducing our sport to more people in hi-visibility and unique public venues whenever possible.

You’ll also be seeing advertisements for the new SS Speedway’s charity event in upcoming issues RC magazines.

James, as you already know, we’re working the introduction of the new “Kyosho Inferno GT” Rally classes to offer a fun, fast, durable and economical entry level opportunity to grow racer participation at our On-Road events.

Rally class events are apparently becoming very popular in a few regions in Europe. It’s a reflection of the world economy as a progressive organization, RC Pro is willing to give it a try.

We at RC Pro realize that in most parts of our country that “Club-Level” On-Road racing is in decline. Look at B&B near your home James, their Off-Road Club races have a huge following, while Dave’s ON-Road racing is no where near as popular (In Attendance Numbers).

I’m sure many other Hobby Shops across America are experiencing a similar situation. Some may blame it on “Cycles”, while others attribute it to lack of the general public’s knowledge of the existence of RC racing in general. No matter how you want to see it, our sport needs to make adjustments and promote itself more than ever before.

As far as me personally, what I get out of it is knowing that there are many RC manufacturers, track owners and racers that appreciate what we’re doing to promote our sport.

I’ll get my paycheck when a Pepsi or Papa John’s uses RC Pro Series as a promotional vehicle for their “Brand Names”. RC racing will become an internal part of their Big Money marketing campaigns & RC racers will win too because our Cash Payouts will get a whole lot bigger!