R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ALS Charity Race - October 20th (Maryland)
Old 09-28-2007, 03:30 PM
ncrcracing
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by d OG black flag
Well I called c-whit hobbies and they were out of them so I will to wait until they order them. So I guess I will have probable race in the 1/18 scale class if I get an x-ray. So I want to be sure of the rules before I purchase a car for the class. You have use five cells ((what about number 1100), and, and no traction compound, with the stock motor that comes with it. What about tires? What type of tires should I have or purchase for that car.

Can I come by and drop my entry form and check at the company for the October 20 race, and can I watch any of the races that will be held prior to October 20 event? Thank you very much for the information.
Flag,
For 1/18 class any cell size will be okay (1100, 1400, 2/3a, etc), but there can only be 5 cells in your pack. The stock motor that comes with the M18 kit is legal but I would suggest you run over to the Glen Burnie HobbyTown and get an Orion stock.

Don't know yet about tires. I am hoping that we can get some input from club drivers during our trial run next week. I'll post more info after that to help with setup.

There are no races prior to Oct. 20. That event is meant to kickoff our season. You can come by next week and drop off the entry if you would like. When you come in the lobby pick up the phone and dial the operator, she will have me paged.

Russ