R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 09:39 AM
yellowshark
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by youngben
hi

I was wondering if anyone can help me out ? my Dad has brought me a VFS-1 pro competion 2 if anyone has a good profile for a 27 turn monster on a tight technical asphalt track appx size 30 metres x 20 metres running on rubber, my car is a Tamiya TRF 415 msx mre, batteries i use are IB4200.

I look forward to your replies
I think you will find the factory setting pretty good for that scenario. But, try this. Keep the same profile shape but reduce each step by 14. So step one becomes 20 instead of 34 and step 32 becomes 30 instead of 44. We ran our C2 for the first time 2 wekeends ago and the factory setting was fine but the setting I have just suggetsed was better for us, notcieably punchier. We also tried the profile which is listed as Technical 27T, cannot remember but I think it is on the KO website. This starts at 1 and straightlines up to 32. We found it noticebly not good. Clear loss of speed on the straight and we didn't see any particlar additonal punch. And the lap times were consistently slower. There is a posting a few pages back which discusses the merits, for a punchy setting of starting at a higher frequency before dropping the frequency, which is what the factory setting does and why I used the shape but reduced the frequencies consistently. I suspect following this shape and experimenting with the starting point will give you the right setting for your scenario. But I am no expert on this, just relating what I did based on what I had read on this forum