Thread: Serpent 720
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Team Kamikaze
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luismx123
Hi,

PS... I'm new to nitros and want a good fast car to race(came from electros). Should I get a 710 or a 720. The 710 is like $100 cheaper. Is the 720 so much better?

Um the rc-exclusive.com site doesn't have the exact stuff like on the serpent web site. The part numbers vary slightly.

I don't know what motor mounts fit what engine. Like does any mount work on any engine? Just say that I have a Mega ZX .12 engine. What motor mount do I need? rc-exclusive.com sells 2 of them #802552 and #802553. Which one do I need for a Navorrossi engine?

About mufflers, what muffler works on what engine? Do all 2,11ccm engines use the same manifold and pipe? I know that the Mega ZX and MF have thier own mounts, but what about a Navorrossi or a Mega SP?

Do I also need a starter box or is it possible to put a pull starter on an engine cause a starter is about 60+ euros.

Now about the car, how fast is it stock with a moderate engine such as a Mega SP? Does it do close too 100kmh?

please help me
luismx123
Buy the 720, the 710 is an old model car that soon the parts for it might not exist anymore, and regarding the motor mount, you don't have to worry about it because it comes with one when you buy the 720 kit, and yes you need to buy a starter box, pull starter will not work with either a 710 or a 720, touring cars can go as fast as 55 to 60 mph or 80 kmh.