R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 06:37 PM
abailey21
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

From what i've heard and i dont know this for sure but isnt that one of the largest LiPo packs on the market? I've only seen the Core, and Max Amps pack in the MI3 and i've not seen a problem at all?

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
Hi PW/Randy/Schumacher guys .... have any of you used Orion 4800 Platinum Packs in your Mi3s? I just finished building mine up and although the hard cased 4800s do slot in easily under the bulkheads, i noticed two things:

1) with the battery terminals positioned toward the rear end of the kit (near the spur), and centering it between the two battery tape slots in the chassis, the terminal will be covered up by the rear bulkhead hence i wont be able to slot in the battery plugs from my esc lead wires. moving the terminals to the front end of the chassis is no good either as you'll have both the front bulkhead and the steering rack to contend with there.
2) if i try to push the packs more to the rear (actually having them jammed up against the rear bulkhead) then center it toward the center of the chassis just millimeters from hitting the belt, the terminal clears the bulkhead but the front end of the pack will not clear the steering rack and it will cover up the rear battery tape slot.

Need a little help with this. Dont really know how to solve this and im not too keen on buying new sets of packs after already inversting in a couple of Orion Platinums which work with no hitches in my type-r. Not too hot about griding down on the bulkheads as this would result in having to take away a good chunk of the material which is surely not a good thing. Was hoping that this wouldnt have been a problem given the mi3 was supposed to be deisigned with lipo (a main consideration for buying it), 5&6 cell racing in mind .... i hope they dint mean other LiPo packs except the Orion Hard cased 4800s.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'll see if i can post pics later to explain this further but im at the office away from my gear.

Thanks in advance.