R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VTX B1 RTR 1/8 Buggie owners?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 06:07 PM
rltanner
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ehartman_49348
Seems like the stock clutch bell and shoes hold up pretty decent, but you could play with the clutch springs. I believe the stock springs are 1.0 mm and I have been running the stock shoes with 1.1 mm springs to have the engine rev a little more and then hit harder. That seemed to work pretty good, but it does depend on the track. Currently I am experimenting with a Werks Racing clutch, which I think I have figured out pretty good now. I do want to try with different shoes in the Werks clutch, as mine came with the rulon shoes, which seem to fade after about 10 minutes. Might be just me though, but I am going to try carbon shoes once they come in.

I can't believe you have not had to change out your diff outdrives.... I went through quite a few in the last couple of months.... Seems to be mostly in the rear, but the fronts are wearing out as well, just not as fast...

Edwin
The shoes are fine i think my springs need to be changed out and the clutch bell has been changed to a OFNA 13 tooth but this weekend racing in the main my motor swifted a little and flatened out all the theeth on the bell so my race was over