R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is LI-PO going to be ROAR Legal this year?
Old 09-25-2007, 09:55 AM
AndyH5212
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

OK, here goes. First, it's obvious that no one knows more than Scottrik according to him. I am not a savior of RC, never will be. I am the guy who supports racing by spending lots of money on it. ROAR needs to get their cranial-rectal inversion fixed and allow LIPO and brushless if they want membership to grow. For 20 years, (thats right Scottrik, 20 years) I have been spending money on this hobby. I believe (and obvioulsy so do many others) that LIPO and brushless will entice more people to join the hobby.

I have said it before, all kinds of people are interested in this hobby until they see the giant price tag. I see LIPO and brushless minimizing that sticker shock. But, unfortunately it seems as though some people (read into that what you will) are not interested in the racer so much as helping the battery market. It's sad really.

That is why I appreciate the local tracks and track officials who have the brains to realize that LIPO is the future. They realized that they will make more money by allowing people to race at their tracks using them. Of course they could say no, and watch more than half of the race entries (and their profits, too) go down the drain.

Scottrik, you took the "if you come forward with a problem, you better have a solution" stance to my remarks (and those of some others). I have the solution- legalize LIPO and brushless and make the majority happy. Or, wither away and die. I could care less either way. I have plenty of local tracks that allow new school technology to be used. But what would I know, Ive only been into this for 20 years.....