R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - spintec I.C.C charger
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 03:35 AM
monstercol
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Just to put in something on a more positive note,

My Spintec is over a year old, and I have NEVER resoldered any posts inside it. The Lid hasnt had to come off. Maybe I dont use it as often as you guys, I can say without fail it had packs connected to it at least 8 times a week, thats probably a spot on average too, as some weeks its a bit less, and others its more. I think thats quite Fair usage, but now a 'power user' either. And I use battery bars.

My Spintec had a problem recently, something went on it, as it was drawing 7.5amps when not doing anything and kept tripping out, I got intouch with Erik who is a great guys to deal with, My charger has been sent back and returned with excellent speed / service.

No, its not perfect, the tray design is scary - I am suprised mine hasnt come unsoldedered, based on all the other reports, i keep waiting for it to happen! Would i use anything else? nope. I love it, and how it treats my cells. Taking the good with the bad, the good outweighs and wins hands down.

I also here theres some major firmware updates coming in the next few months - and I heard this would include lipo, and alot of really nice features - but... this could be a rumor, ya know how it is! we'll see.