R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic E4 Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 10:26 AM
quantum
Tech Regular

in my humble opinion, one of the best features of this car's design is keeping the heaviest components (motor, battery) centralized in the car. it is advantageous not only for handling reasons, but also so that the car is will still be balanced when lipo batts are more widely used. it would only make sense to build the car to fit lipo batts. all other current chassis without this design face a weight distribution issue when using lipo batts.
i know, i know - its easy to do by adding a few washers, but if its easy why not incorporate it into the design now before releasing the car?

i don't use lipo batts right now, and my race club does not yet, but it seems to be looming on the horizon... i am ready to buy a new chassis, but i hesitate to buy any car today that i'll have to add weights to balance, or 'hack' to be ready for the future. i look at the other manufacturers chassis just released in the past month or so and it makes me scratch my head why they still stay with the old, non-lipo friendly layout!!
anyway, this chassis design is really appealing and has a lot of potentional - i really like it and look forward to its release!!