R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3200 LIPO ISSUES
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 02:35 PM
F N CUDA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter p
Hi mate it's not your plugs/leads its on the circuit board inside, i hade the same thing happen,the battery has a thin tab on it that goes through the circuit board and gets solded.when it go through the hole in the board it gets folded at 90 and can crack,dont know if this happens with a crash or not.one more thing dont try solder it it wont worksend it back
Yeh, I opened one up and saw the tabs.
Not much you can do with those but let them replace them.
Mine look ok and the solder on the circuit board is ok too.
Put it back together, taped it shut and guess what. It charged ok but I haven't tried to run it. Don't know what is different after reassembly but I don't expect it to stay good tho.
I don't have the second battery anymore. It was the first to go bad so I took it back to Orion/Kyosho cuz it's near where I live.
Dropped it in their mailbox on a Saturday. On that Monday I called em and they said they never got it. Maybe the mail carrier picked it up or something.
It's been 2 weeks, called the post office, Kyosho and talked to my mail carrier.
Post office said it should eventually get back to my address cuz it was the only address on it since I dropped it off instead of mailing it.
I think I'm hosed on this one tho.:confuse d: