R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Phoenix - The CEFX C12 is Reborn!!
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Josh Cyrul
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Phoenix - The CEFX C12 is Reborn!!

Hello Everyone,

I posted a few days ago with coming pics of a few new CEFX C12 updates but after days of testing with Mike, I have come to learn a lot about our C12 and how it reacts with Brushless Mod in the car. I am very happy with the performance/balance of the C12 when we run brushed motors but with brushless it just feels like something has been missing. The gyro effect and pod torque is drastically reduced with brushless, the added weight of the entire brushless system just makes the window of oppertunity for that perfect set-up is just so sensitive to keep in check.

At first, we wanted to be able to offer everyone a simple option kit for their C12 that would allow them to switch over from brushed to brushless with only a few parts. As we tested though, we found so many things that drastically improved every part of the C12's performance with the Brushless Modified set-up. Today, I tested a lot of ideas and revisions that I have thought about for a very long time and the results were dramatic.

After a long discussion about the future of our 1/12 program we decided to leave the C12 as is. It has been a top contender at every race in Stock and 19T and there is no reason to compromise what we feel is one of the best 1/12 cars on the market for brushed racing. We will continue to support the C12 Evo2 and all our stock and 19T drivers will continue on with this car through the 2007-2008 season and possibly beyond that.

For brushless racing though, the C12 has been reborn. Mike Blackstock and myself will be piloting the new CEFX 1/12 BL cars in Las Vegas @ the IIC. The PHOENIX will be the first 1/12 car 100% designed and tested specifically for brushless racing. No compromise. Mike and I will be testing the Phoenix @ CEFX this weekend. If everything goes as it has in the previous testing, production will start immediatly.

Pictures and more details coming soon!!

Vegas, here we come!!!