R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Lipo vs Nimh Racing and Minimum Weight
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 03:04 PM
timmay70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by or8ital
Forgive me since I havent had a physics class in many years. But wouldnt the fragility of it lessen at the same time b/c there would be less weight hiting the wall at 30MPH? So maybe it would be a wash?
It's all hypothetical at this point. How do we know where any one company will remove weight from? An example of this is X-ray. The bearings/hubs/axles in the T1FK were huge compared to the 05. They eliminated unsprung weight by making the hubs smaller and essentially using less steel (in the bearings/axles). Result was that my bearings would out-last the cars with the smaller bearings (RDX, 05, T2, 007), and the spring steel axles never wear out. There is a minor possibility that future cars will keep the beefed up (?) parts that they are currently running, but if history holds true, the performance advantage would be to remove the un-sprung weight. All speculation.

Fact remains, keep the weight levels the same, that might not ever become a problem - (that is still speculation now, isn't it - ha!).