R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SMC Lipos 7.4 5000mah
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 07:37 AM
or8ital
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Let me get this staight... you jump on Danny for saying LiPo's drop off over time as if that statement is blasphemy. Then you say "sure they drop off over time". What?
He is saying that to run at the most competitve level, you need every last bit of performance out of your equipment. LiPo's have it all over NiMh in terms of longevity and durability- no one is argueing that. But since no one at the highest levels of racing are using LiPo's, it is conceivable that in order to remain competitive, you may have to run fresh packs. The airplane guy have to do it, why not the car guys?
Its worded in a way to give the illusion (like much RC marketing) that if the pack is more then a week old you are going to get beat. The reality is people that have been using them a long time arent dropping off lap time wise in a very long time (if ever - since they havent been mainstream for too long). In the same context he talks about nimh that drop off much faster kind of giving the impression the lipo drop off will be similar. Like I said in my post Ive ran 1 pack in the same time I ran 12 packs the year before.