R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - STOCK motor forum
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 06:14 AM
Kevin K
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
Could someone pleas explain to me the difference between the F brush and the 4499? I put a set into a C0 27 this past weekend after doing all the other little tricks,i.e. centering the armature, aligning the brush hood, trueing the comm, replacing the bushings.

It runs completely different(better) than my other C027 with 4499's or was it just a cummualitive effect of everything?

Thanks
Eric……the F brush and 4499 are two different brushes they both don’t appear to be the same compound. The F brush seems to deal with heat better then the 4499. Sometimes the F brush is faster and some times the 4499 is faster. The batches of brushes are so hit or miss sometimes that once you know you are in a good batch buy a bunch of that one and save them. You can’t really say that you can use an F brush or 4499 for that matter for more power or RPM because you can just as easily put a new set in and the motor is slower. Some people will swear up and down that one is better then the other but you need both and use which ever one at that time is working better in that motor. Both are great and are what are used 90% of the time in brushed motor racing......also dont forget that Hurricane offers the "Gold" brush that works very well as well.