R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Having problems starting my O.S Vpec in my Losi 8ight Please help
Old 09-18-2007, 07:14 PM
NJA82
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Having problems starting my O.S Vpec in my Losi 8ight Please help

Hi guys,

Is it normal for this engine to be so hard to turn over even without the glow plug in that the starter box chews its wheel up on the flywheel?

I am using the Mugen 1/8 pro starter box, with 2 matched 4200 race packs powering it at present ( wanted max power to make sure it would start ) and i cant get it to turn over without just either bogging down the starter box or just spinning and shredding the starter wheel... The box is aligned PERFECT have apent a lot of time doing so.

The engine is brand new and hasnt been started yet, i heated it up with a heat gun to about 160 or so degrees before i cranked it over and it still wouldnt turn. I can remove the glow plug and i still cant turn it over....

I thought the Mugen box was one of the more powerfull boxes out there and had no problems turning a Vspec over? Has anyone got any suggestions or had the same dramas? I dont want to damage my starter wheel as its already getting a slight groove in it.