seaball
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default steering arrangement

i have implemented a sweet system using the following components:

carpet chassis/upper
kimbrough heavy duty saver
standard servo mounts

the extra material on saver ear needs ground , but when centered in the cutout (widthwise) it will clear the bulkhead and top deck. sorry, no camera at the moment.

now the best part (imo) is what i figured out with the adapter. i flipped it upside down, and attached the servo plate from the bottom (with short button head screws), and the trackrod attaches from the top with it's own set of screws. so the plates are separated by the adapter. this puts the servo plate low enough to get keep it near perpendicular to the horn at the end points, but leaves the trackrod where it was, so that bump steer isn't affected.

i rule. (i was having doubts about this recently)

i like the medium length track rod when used with the kimbrough heavy duty saver. saver ball mounted in long centered hole on the kimbrough.

maybe i'll bust out mspaint and really show my skills...

- harold petrie -

also, i noticed the plates fit loosely over the adapter. that can lead to movement upon contact. to fix this, i ran a few coats of c/a on the i.d. of the plates. just something i thought i'd mention. now they press on, which will help keep things from shifting.