R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is it true about Barry Baker
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Nova F1 Racer
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Filipow
Who can argue this fact about Barry? He's won two ROAR National titles this year! One on carpet and one on asphalt!

APACHE!
He was at the Sedan Challenge at the C ( indoor asphalt track ) in Frederick, MD June 23rd and 24th, 3 weeks before ROAR's National onroad asphalt. In the 2 days prior to the race he was there getting his cars ready and you could not ask for a better ambassator for RC racing. A lot of local racers had heard that factory drivers were spoiled/etc but Barry and Ray Darroch changed their minds. During the 2 days of practice Barry and Ray never tuned away anyone who wanted help or ask a question.

Now back to what ever the point of this thread was....

Haven't we all punched/kicked/punted a car before... I have only thrown 1 car at a race... I was marshalling one of the mains and a car crashed hard in the corner. I picked it up and saw it had broken an arm and jammed the dogbone. The driver screamed at me to fix it, I told him once it was not repairable and ignored him ranting and raving on the drivers stand the rest of the race. After the race was over I was bringing the car over to him and when I got within 10 feet he thought he was a smart ass and hit the throttle.
The tire took a hunk of skin from my hand and he started laughing thinking it was quite the joke. That car turned into a UFO but landed hard against one of the parking lot light poles about 40 feet away... He stopped laughting and about 10 people started yelling/screaming at him for being an idiot.... If I didn't have to stop the bleeding I would have had a little chat with him...
Haven't seen him since....