R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 03:52 PM
padailey
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Hi Guys
I broke a steering post on the Clones virgin run on carpet last Friday, it tore about 1mm of thread off the end of the tubbing, and was still inside the knurled screw collar, but manage to get it out. Ive heard this has happened before, any ideas where they maybe a thicker version, as I think there are a tad thin for what stress are put on them.
Cheers Malc TCCFM
Oh please tell me when you find one! I went a good 8 months and everything fine then.... break ( just like you described). LHS looked at me real funny and said ... "You broke WHAT?" From there I proceeded to break two more in two weeks and I only race once a week. I'm kinda guessing here but where the manual states to tighten it too seems to tight... I stripped a servo arm with it set like the "S" manual recommends. But if you loosen it too much the collar is strictly on the thin part of the post. Seems to be working ok now that I've found a happy medium... tight enough to get a grip on the thicker part of the post and loose enough to actually work as a "saver".