R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TA05MS
Thread: Tamiya TA05MS
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Hebiki
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarKing
Ran the car today and it is pretty damn good! I didn't have enough time to try everything I wanted but I hope to get it all done next week. I had a few steering issues at first, but nothing a little thread lock didn't solve.

Ran the kit suspension settings and it was good off the bat. I changed to the 1st ackerman position, and ran .5 degrees of toe in front and 1.5 degrees of camber all around. I forgot my sway bars and was stuck with the red in the rear.

Chris, when you are refering to the holes on the front and rear bulkhead by number, can you tell me what number corrisponds to which hole?

Next week I am going to make the setup more like my TA05 and see how that works. Dave was telling me what he found is that the setup he ran in his TA05 at TCS was not much different than his MSX. Looks like there are plenty of combinations to try!!!!

Also....ran the Lexus SC430 shell with the big lexan wing and ran well. Might try the smaller one but I don't think it will be enough downforce.

My only issue setup wise is I need more brakes and it seems like the car rolls a lot in transitions.
Andrew,

for the front.. im using the longest hole possible. for the rear, its the one in the middle. i dont recall how the numbers corresponds. go back a few pages, someone posted the blank 05MS set up sheet.

You missed a good day of testing at BCR. Jose, me and oliver all had our 05MS out. And Dave was there too. Gave me a few pointers after he drove my car. I think im going back to my old set up though. i was more comfortable with that.

- Chris