R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 04:16 PM
odpurple
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by drivingpro
here are a couple of newb questions for you guys. (that you have probably been asked a million times... but this thread is huge, and i dont have the time to read all of it :P )

I've just recently acquired a tyre lathe. and i'm wondering what kind of tyre diameters you tru your tyres down to for your 12ths? (outdoor)

I've trued a pair of my rears to 43MM, and my fronts to 42MM. i've set it to 3.4MM ride height. Is that about right?

If it matters, the track i'll be running it on is low to medium bite. and isn't bumpy

Any pointers would be awesome
Those diameters are pretty small for low bite asphalt, good for carpet because the small tire will free the car up. You will usually be looking for more side bite on asphalt which a larger tire will give you. We usually run tires in the 46mm range for the rears and 44mm in the front. For very low bite it seems to help to use a bigger spread in the diameter from rear to front, like 47mm rear 43-44 mm front. Higher ride height will also enhance traction to a degree, I never run lower than 4mm unless the bite is high and the track is smooth