View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 08:27 AM   #14
Elite-Driver
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Elite-Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomFellow View Post
The problem with the A-Tech car is going to be parts availability. The problem with the Recoil is that it isn't a standard 1/10th scale that your racing classes are going to be.

If you don't care about TCS racing, a GREAT starting racer is the Xray T2R. All you need to upgrade it to full-on racing status is to change the FRP pieces over to carbon fiber. So as you grow in your racing, its takes a minimal amount to get to a highly-competitive club racer. In the meantime, you'll have an already great chassis that is easy to drive.
OK thanks ill see what its goona cost and maybe see ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveaustin5 View Post
The problem is that this is a very expensive hobby. Have you had a play with anyone elses car before you commit to buying one? If you're really sure it's something you want to get into you would be better off buying a Cyclone S or a TC4. If you're not sure then maybe the TB02 would be better. The problem with buying the TB02 is that you would probably outgrow it quite quickly. Whilst it's a decent car, you'd probably want something more competitive within a couple of weeks.

The Recoil car that you pointed out is ok but it is a different scale to what most people race. Because of this you wont be able to race it at many places.

The A-tech car is decent. It is similar to a TC4 though not as competitive. You may struggle to get spare parts for it should you break anything on it.
Hmm ok , Seeing as you know alot about R/C Cars , Would you mind "building me one via the web" with like a buget of 250 to begin ? I dont want top spec because i dont want to have to keep buying tires for every lap i do , but i want it decent ..
Elite-Driver is offline   Reply With Quote