R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho VoneR Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2001, 06:07 AM
Manticore
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AMGRacer
I have been thinking about the rear grip issue a bit more. The guy with the good rear grip has a V One S which I think comes with dry diffs. So as Novarossi and Manticore have suggested it probably is because the rear diff is too stiff. I went with the kit suggestions and put 50% 50000 and 50% 500 in the diff and filled it totally up. It feels pretty much the same as my old HPI used to feel when it had 30000 in it so I guess it is somewhere in that range.

So the suggestion on a unprepared parking lot style track is 5000-10000 wt? Or how about even empty + some lube?

I am also wondering whether the Kyosho LSD would be too severe for low grip surfaces? Perhaps using the active diff in the rear and setting it very open would be better? That way it could be tightened back up to 30000wt when I go back to the high grip track. The standard Kyosho setup worked very nicely for me on that high grip track.
an alternate way to increase rear grip on corners is to use the lower camber link on the rear hub. this will enable less camber change on corners i.e. maximize tire contact patch.