R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated Factory Team TC5, Brushless, LiPo, Li-ion Nanophosphate, Tips and Tricks
Old 09-14-2007, 05:39 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Locked Diff Results

The home locked diff worked very well. Not a lot of capital invested. This is how it transformed the car. On corner entry there is a slight push which I mentioned previously. This counteracts the tendency on brakes to bring the back end around. This limited my braking to straight line braking. I could now drive very hard into my hairpins and brake at the last moment even while turning all the way to the apex, then hard on power to come out. My current layout has three of these tight hairpins now. The car is handling just like a fullsize car might on these same type of corners. What a thrill!

The car was really hooked up well everywhere. I had to make no other changes to the posted setup except to go with blue springs in the back. I was turning fast laps. I got compliments on the cars handling from several people that observed. No wear apparent yet on the locked diff. I put 30 minutes of runtime on the car today. More on my battery tests below.
John