R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JL Racing .12
Thread: JL Racing .12
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Team Kamikaze
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gearhead13
Another Sunday of racing, except today my first gear one-way decided to pack it in. Was grabbing intermittently and the engine got over revved a couple/few times before I took it off the track. SO, I replaced the bearing and went to start the engine and it wouldn't start until i leaned the main at least 1 full turn. I put in a new plug.
Mixture settings totally messed up. Main event wasn't good, I didn't have time to retune it.
I checked the compression and it was good, still can feel the pinch and the rod play seems ok. Cylinder head torque checked.
Anyone have any ideas why my mixture settings got messed up? Something to do with the over revving?
Going to tear it down and inspect it this week for sure.

RUDEBOY:
I run my main jet needle 4-5 turns out, really depends on temp, altitude, pipe choice. Get it running and drive it and adjust main for best power, adjust low speed for idle quality, do the 'pinch test' for idle mixture to get a ballpark idea.
Looks like the engine is finally broken in, that's why the tuning went rich.

Originally Posted by msteeple
Team kamikaze, bought a 2607 pipe from you for my Red dot Engine, put it on and tested on Saturday.loads of power had to come of throttle, could not believe the increase in power. I was using skyline pipe before with engine and was blazing up the track but now i am literally burning up track and stands.

JL RED DOT with 2607 pipe letal combination
Glad you are happy with that combo.