R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why do you think some RC clubs are closing?
Old 09-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Joel Lagace
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sportpak
Money is a small reason. To me, it seems the newer the generation, the greater the need for instant gratification. Once they figure out how much practice and grit it takes to be just mildy competetive, it just doesn't become worth it. It's pretty sad how things are turning out.

Ben

You got it!

Also there is this inherant attitude that because you spend the money that you deserve to win. No one won wins races there first day out or even there first month out. I always tell our new guys who come out racing to enjoy the racing. And dont dwell on results. At the end of the day there is only one winnner. So chances are your going to be in the majority as one the runner ups. I been at this for 20 years, racing competativly for about 15 years.... I have won races but not with any regularity where i became the "FAST GUY TO BEAT" and thats fine, i enjoy the race, spend within in my budget and realize that at the end of the day its my driving skills first and foremost that determine weather or not i did well that day.(within drivers skills i take into account my car tuning abilities... you gotta put in the time to get the car right)

If your gonna race rc cars you gotta do it for the right reasons:
-atmosphere around the track
-thrill of racing
-fun of working you your cars and gear
-the friends
-trying to do as best as you can(winning is the ultimate goal but not the only goal)

This plug and play generation of playstation and xbox users brings on a group of instant gradification and to some extent lazyness. I do repairs for my local hobby shop... 99% of the problems i fix could have been fixed by the owner if they cracked the plastic wrap off of the RTR owners manual... RC racing is no a video game. There is work envolved RTR or kit you need to read the manual and do some work.