R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Randy Caster
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yokemad
hi guys
Is there any way to bring back to normal The Tweaked Chassis???
I just Take it out from car and Put it on a flat surface and put another flat weight on top does it helps or do I have to go for a new chassis ??? If So is there any one tried Stiff chassis I'm gonna race on Carpet most of the time
Thanx in advanced...
Loosen the screws on the shock towers, bellcrank plate, and upper deck. Bend the car back and forth to get everything to settle in place, then set it on a flat surface. If any of the screws stick out the bottom of the chassis you'll want to put it on droop blocks or something like that so that it can rest completely flat. Slowly tighten the 4 screws on the top deck in a cross pattern, I tighten them barely snug, then a little tight, and on the 3'rd pass tighten them all the way (Thanks PW) and my car will always sit flat after that. Then just tighten your bellcrank plate and shock towers down. If you have to use droop blocks to elevate the chassis while getting it flat, make sure it doesnt sag in the middle. If it does, repeat the top deck tightening until it's flat left to right and front to back.

If you can't get your car completely flat, chances are you bent a bulkhead, then you gotta take each one to a flat board to see which are causing the bend in your chassis and replace it/them.

If you've set the tweak on the car with a bent chassis you'll want to re-tweak it and set the droop again before you hit the track, otherwise even though the chassis is flat, it will drive tweaked.