R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2007 IFMAR 1/10th Offroad Worlds
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Jason Pelletier
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
It's a catch 22. I used to be a Pro Downhill Mountain Bike Racer and it was very similar in situation. But to have the race at a big spectator/media friendly venue and promote it costs waaaaay to much money and the reality is that these are grown men playing with toy cars. As much as we want it, the rest of the masses could really give a rats azz about it. And that means no return on investment and no big outside sponsors to fund the events. That is why it is a hobby and not a sport.

I bet there are some very fast "local" Japanese drivers who never travel to any other races that will be in the mix there as well....
TOY CARS !!!! We are man and machine pitted against eachother to do ultimate battle........ from a wooden stand !

lol no but seriously it is a sport above a hobby, This is the ifmar worlds thread !!! I feel to some there is a hobby aspect but for those who love to compete its a sport.

I really feel if rc races were televised like once or twice on like FUEL TV with some good info on how to get started and maybe somehow advertise these local tracks the sport would be more emphasized.