R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - eXpress Motorsports
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Charles Godwin
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We've just had the final round of the BRCA championship over here in the UK at the Cotswolds track (big, long straight but also some tight hairpins). I got in the A finally and qualified 4th ! I was top Schumacher driver in 19t qualifying and i got to speak to my sponser (Robin Schumacher in person) about my qualifying result . In the first final i finished 4th, had a off during the race which sent me to last but manged to climb back. I was closing on the leaders visably but ran out of time. In the second final i finished last. Person span in front of me coming out of a high speed corner (on racing line) and i hit him at full speed (i was literally half a car lenght behind him) which moved the motor causing me to pull out (this person managed to finish 2nd or 3rd so i could have been right up there contending for the lead).

In 27t Rob West took 4th (i think) and Jon Winter took 7th (first ever time at the track). 27t was a highly competitive event at the weekend. With the motors equally up to speed of each other it really was about luck at the start of the finals and who could carry the most corner speed.

Now the BRCA nats are finished i move indoors for the winter season till about March . During the winter season i'll be racing Mod/Brushless 5cell at Chippenham Trashnalls, club meetings, a round of Hinckley Mirage championship and possibly (depending on time) the Carpet Wars 2 dayer. All of this will be preperation for next year as i'll also be racing 5cell Brushless outdoors .

Chaz