R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Turbo "fanned" Crank
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Boomer
Tech Elite

Sorry to hear you speaking along this line JPH - it's sad.

First, you cannot copyright a process, design or an idea, you can only copyright actual works. Rather, you PATENT processes, designs or ideas.

Second, it has a tendency to move people's perceptions of you as petty. Your reaction to someone stating their opinion of you and your reaction further reinforces this perception. Were you to ignore it and graciously tell DanielSon to put the pics up again and take part in the discussion, people's perception of you might have changed in the positive direction rather than toward the negative.

Third, to begin attempting to quote law when you have demonstrated a lack of understanding thereof, it takes credibility away from you in that area. Research your opinions prior to stating them - you would not look unprepared when confronted with the copyright issue (btw, when did you have it certified? also, btw, mailing photos of it to yourself are NOT, as is popularly believed, enough for copyright proof. . .)

Fourth, using a rifle (bullet, trajectory, etc) to compare to fuel travelling down the crank did not help your cause. I can see how it might work, knowing some physics, but I also can see how you're comparing apples (bullets) to oranges (air-fuel mixture in aerosol suspension).

Dude, Ya done stepped on your wieny!

DanielSon - I would very much apreciate seeing your pics. If you feel intimidated into not posting them, please PM me. I would have zero problem posting them under my name and taking ALL responsibility - 100%.