R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - EP4200's
Thread: EP4200's
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 08:12 AM
timmay70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RLMW VQ
this is straight off the ce website. for joelv to read and anyone eles that would like to.
I have no idea why I am trying this, probably out of sheer frustration about someone in sheer frustration...

For those that didn't know, lockout was introduced in charger software when people were dead shorting battery packs. When the short was first removed from the pack, some chargers had a hard time detecting the battery, they would false and say that there was something wrong with the battery because of the extremely low voltage. Lockout is a routine in the software that tells the charger to ignore what the battery pack is doing no matter what happens at the end of the charge leads. This means that it will keep charging, even if the battery pack has reached it's maximum charge.

On the features page for the Pitbull x3 charger it clearly states this: "Selectable long lockout for 10 minutes of charge without peak detection." Simply means it will not start the peak detect section in the charger until it reaches the Mah setting you told it. It means that if the battery reaches maximum Mah that the pack will take, the charger will keep charging.

So, for at least one pack, you told the charger to over charge the pack by using lock-out.

I would read the instructions to see what you were talking about, only I don't have access to the pdf files here at work... JoelV if you could download them and e-mail them to me, I'd love to read them (like I got nothing better to do at my job).