R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated Factory Team TC5, Brushless, LiPo, Li-ion Nanophosphate, Tips and Tricks
Old 09-06-2007, 06:06 AM
ooliganRC
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
OoliganRC-Thanks. Thanks for the pics. Nice work. I found as well with a locked front diff that my TC3 and TC4 liked blue springs all around and similar shock damping front and back. I don't have my perfect setup yet on the TC5. Rain and fires are impeding my progress. I put a Novak 3.5R in it and set it up a little softer to try on our shortened course. I think I had mine. too stiff. The track was wet today. Tell us that titanium racing spool holds up. I guess those sway bar mounts do dress up the ends of the bulkheads even if you don't run the bars. I have thought about doing that.

Nice track. I like the curbing and the grass.

John
the TR spool holds up very well...the centre piece is alloy but the outdrives are delrin with allow sleeves. as is the rear diff so rotating mass is reduced as much as possible. I ran mine with a 4.5 orion and it handled it better than i did.

most of the uk tracks are like eastbourne, although most are bigger. Eastbourne is a very technical track.

As for your combustion issues, how many charges had the batteries had, did they go below threshold? the UK has the select few chanting "we want lipo!" for our nationals, but the governing body BRCA, has yet to allow them.

As we run 5 cell here, until a 6v lipo is available and reliable and safe, we here will be nimh powered.

just for info the itf chassis is 2mm thick.

i just looking for a one way unit to fit the car now, I know the yokomo BD fits but the outdrives are too small for standard drive shafts, although tc3/4 ones I have heard work.