R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Rookie4life
Tech Apprentice

Default Cyclone S issues

Hello all,

I have a few questions regarding part numbers and upgrades for the Cyclone S. I recently bought a used Cyclone S for my son and I did a once over on the car and found numerous installation errors. After just 1 and a half runs the front diff outdrive (right side) broke and the rear diff became super loose. I took apart the rear diff and it appears the prior owner broke the left side of the diff outdrive and used super glue to mend it back together Now I have to repair two diffs which will cost me as much as the whole car. I am looking to upgrade them to prevent the same thing from happening. I would like to get the universal driveshaft and wheel axle for the front and use the aluminum diff outdrives with the retainer.
Part Number for the universal driveshaft with the wheel axle?
Will the aluminum outdrives used on the higher end cars work on the "S"?
I plan on replacing the bushings in the diff with bearings and using the carbide diff balls since I have rebuild the whole thing anyways.
Is this car worth all this extra money or should I cut my losses and look for a used Cyclone black? Thanks for any advice and tips you can give me.