R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nitro crash course!
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Jspeed
Tech Elite

Default Crash Course

Originally Posted by luismx123
Hey Jspeed,

Um you ay that a tank only lasts about 5-7 mins. That kinda sucks cause it will cost me alot! Most nitro cars last 10-20 mins on a full tank.

About the surfaces, um I would start out backyard bashing on a rough road(still paved) but the track which is close to me has a fine asphalt road and is flat as a pancake. I would think that it has alot of grip.

A few questions that I have are on tuning:
-When do you stiffen the suspension?
-What adjustments do you need to do on a dirt road and a asphalt road?
-What happens if I do the opposite of what I should do to tune the settings on the car in terms of suspension, throttle control, brakes, etc?
-What can you adjust on the Inferno GT in which I mean roll centers, suspension, sway bars and so on?
-How does the adjustable arms help you and what setting should you use for what surface and purpose?

luismx123
Wow,

That is a lot of questions.

As far as run time, when you’re racing flat out on a track you’ll never get more than 7 mins on a tank in any car unless you strap a gallon on the car. If you drive easy a tank could last longer, but racing means full throttle and that always burns fuel.

Most of the people racing these cars just put 80wt shock oil in and go.

Set-up is a science that has many variables and every driver likes different things. If you want a better understanding of set-ups and what to expect from changes, Virtual RC is a great learning tool.

There are also online articles on the subject, I’d search for Art Carbonell’s information, he is the living legend of our sport.

The bottom line is the Kyosho Inferno GT will run on gravel, dirt or pavement right out of the box.

As you begin to gain experience and knowledge the car will grow with you.

The platform is versatile and it shows in its World Championship Winning Heritage.