R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 11:44 PM
syndr0me
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I guess I missed that page. Honestly though I have had no issues with mine at all, but then again I am not running the smaller spurs either. Is that where the issue has been occurring? I have smaller spurs but have not had a reason to use them as of yet.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=5009

It looks like a number of people have had the exact same problem I'm experiencing.

Until last week, I ran a PRS 100 with foam tires and never had a problem. Last week I switched to a PRS 116 with rubber tires and have blown away two gears in two race nights. Prior to the last two weeks, I had -never- killed a spur in my 2+ years of on-road racing.

The car felt really good on rubber tires tonight. I still need to work on my consistency, but I'm starting to get a feel for driving with a one way. I really like rubber tires, I feel like I have to use a LOT more throttle control to keep the car smooth. If I leap on the throttle when exiting a corner like I would with foams, it's pretty easy to break traction. It seems a like a lot more finesse is required. Gearing up my BL motor and taming some of its torque made a big difference as well.