R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated Factory Team TC5, Brushless, LiPo, Li-ion Nanophosphate, Tips and Tricks
Old 08-31-2007, 08:38 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Dan-Thanks.
Verndog-Thanks and thanks for clearing up the chassis thicknesses. The ITF chassis must be misadvertized at several retailers as a 2.5 mm chassis.

YYhayim-Every degree of flex you desire is at hand with the TC5. With the top plate removed, it is quite flexible. I estimated my custom top plate leaves the car a little stiffer than the Associated ITF top plate as it retains a long X brace. Two thicknesses of chassis are available. There is no design superiority in the split bulkheads as far as chassis flex goes. That chassis can be made stiff or soft as well.

I have noticed mostly in my pan car that I get better cornering with a narrow chassis run at 235 mm because it has more flex. There is no top stiffening plate either. In the touring car this effect is less noticeable as the car is very narrow to start with and relatively stiff as hell these days. The TC chassis is flexing less. I would put this chassis flex adjustment pretty far down on my list of things to spend more money on. A good spool would be higher up the list. I don't mind chopping on the car a little for free, but I do wear a respirator when doing so. You really need to treat this Carbon Fibre more like asbestos as a health problem than like fiberglass when you are sanding or shaping it.
John

Last edited by John Stranahan; 09-01-2007 at 11:20 AM.