R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Gas powered 1/12th pan car
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 09:28 AM
bakaguyjean
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
The bottom chassis plate seems a tad soft. Any front impact will bend it up as there is nothing to stop it. This is not a carbon fiber chassis that will return to it's original shape during flex and I have read about people bending their chassis and seeking replacement or bending it back (??). I think... just me thinking again... that there is still a lot of side to side flex.... that is where the additional traction comes from. The front to rear flex will also mess with belt tension...

As I didn't finish engineering school.... or even start engineering school... these are just thoughts... your actual mileage may vary....
I have bent my chassis three times. the first time i didnt notice it untill the front belt came off,the second time was after the front belt came off slammed the wall hard. The third time i bent it so bad that the steering servo mounting screws were touching the ground. i have bent my chassis back and it works for just driveing but of course a new one would be better for racing.The only times my chassis has bent was full frontial impact. You know the kinda where everybody at the circut goes OOOOOOH . So i like the two braces down the side,maybe now my car will go through the boards instead of stopping at them.
BUt most of the guys i run with can drive and have not bent thier chassis`s yet.